The National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI) is a political organization of Iran based in France. It was formed to help end the religious dictatorship and promote a democratic and free Iran. The NCRI has developed many plans for the future of Iran where its main aim is to overthrow the present ruling of Iran that is full of religious dictatorship.
The president-elect Maryam Rajavi has a strong desire and support the profound of a democratic country for all people of Iran regardless of their religion, ideology, beliefs, and ethnicity that surpass all political interests and partisan.
To get more information about Maryam, visit the site Maryam-rajavi.com. She is a powerful lady who always believes that being strong in the forefront represents an unshakable and unbeatable resolve of the people of Iran to bring about the downfall of the mullahs’ inhuman form of government. Mir-Hossein Mousavi, the Iran opposition leader, also plays an active role in the revolution of Iran.
A Brief History about Maryam
She was born in December 1953 in Tehran, Iran. Her political activism began at 22 years old after Savak killed her sister. She started her political career when she became a member of the People’s Mojahedin of Iran (PMOI/MEK).
She was a deputy commander and Secretary-General of MEK until 1993. The NCRI elected her as the interim president of Iran if the power of Iran was to be assumed.
Formation of NCRI
The National Council of Resistance of Iran was formed as a democratic coalition in 1981 in Tehran. It was created on Mr. Massoud Rajavi’s initiative, the husband of Maryam in the organization of opposition in Iran.
Its members include some members of the Iran opposition organization, some prominent people of Iran, the Association of Scholars of Iran, professionals, and the Association of the women of Iran who support the democratic change of the government of Iran. The majority members were the People’s Mujahedin of Iran (MEK).
Appointment of Maryam
In 1993, the NCRI appointed her as the president-elect within the period of change of Iran. It has come forth to be a democratic alternative towards the religious dictatorship of the Iranian government.
The NCRI is the political coalition that has endured most in Iran’s modern history.
The majority of people participating in the council’s organization are women. This is because, in the present leadership of Iran, women are not given equal opportunities as men.
The Ten Point Future Plan of Maryam Rajavi
The following are the ten plans of the future that Maryam adopted;
- The separation of state and religion allows people to have freedom of faith and belief.
- The people of Iran have social freedoms and rights according to the universal declaration for human rights and getting committed as individuals. This seeks to break up all the agencies in charge of inquisition and censorship and find justice for political prisoners, those put to torture, and end the law that permits death penalties.
- To find justice and equal opportunities in entrepreneurship and employment in the free market economy for all Iranian people.
- To seek autonomy or freedom to act towards the Iranian nationalities and ethnic groups according to the autonomy plan of NCRI of Iranian Kurdistan and seek dismissal of double injustices for Iranian people.
- Another plan is to protect and rehabilitate the environment that has been destroyed under the mullahs’ regime.
- According to international standards, she plans to find an independent judiciary and a legal system to form the basis of presuming innocence to the right of appeal, right to counsel defense, and the right of being tried in the public court. To seek to overthrow the Sharia laws of the mullahs and end Islamic Revolutionary Courts. The plans of also having fully independent judges.
- Have a plan to reject the absolute clerical rule or the velayat-e faqih. The plan affirms people’s sovereignty in a state founded on universal pluralism and suffrage, where every person has the right to vote.
- She plans to have a non-nuclear republic of Iran free from weapons that can cause massive destruction. She plans a peaceful future that co-exist and holds international and regional cooperation.
- She plans for a future where everyone will have the right of speech, freedom of assembly, political parties’ freedom, and freedom of the internet and press. She set a plan to dissolve and break up the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), plainclothes groups, the unpopular Bassij, terrorist Qods Force, Ministry of Intelligence, and Cultural Revolution Council.
- Another plan is to have gender equality in cultural, social, political, and economic rights. The Iran opposition plan to have women participating equally in political leadership. To end any form of exploitation and discrimination against women, one to have the right to marry and divorce freely, obtain employment and education, and everyone to have the right to choose their dressing code freely.